Vitamin Sea – Culburra beach
Vitamin Sea is a major renovation to multi-storey house located on the dunes of Culburra beach
The design explores a response to the stunning ocean views to the south as in Major influence in the planning arrangement to accommodate a family in beachside living.
Vitamin Sea is an example of negotiating between multiple issues such as:
- Elevated site over coastal erosion zones
- large engineered pile to meet the Shoalhaven council coastal erosion zone
- its fantastic views to the east and optimal orientation to the north.
- Vegative buffer
- A Coastal Hamptons style of living
The Strategy for this project was to negate all these issues in a well bounded architectural form.
Other features of the design include:
- A sheltered rear deck to protect for those strong north easterly windy days.
- A mix of Materials such as battened compressed fibre cement, weatherboard cladding and painted timber details
- Raked ceilings to a counter lever study loft
- Inside outside off form concrete bench with integrated sliding window
- interior timber veneers
The house expresses a simple yet intelligent coastal response to its site and surrounding environment.